The Examinations Unit is primarily responsible for the management, administration and supervision of local, regional and international examinations and the security and confidentiality of all examination materials.
The main responsibilities of the unit include the following:
The registration and administration of school and private candidates for the Caribbean Secondary Examination Certificate (CSEC), Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE), Secondary Entrance Assessment (SEA) and Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ) examinations.
Ensuring that all activities and system are in place to maintain the integrity and security of the examinations by being at the port of entry to clear all examination question papers on its arrival, making arrangements for 24 hour security where question papers are stored and ensuring that all vaults are functioning and CCTV cameras are in good working conditions.
Ensuring that examination papers are distributed in the correct quantity to the examination centers and all scripts for the examinations are forwarded to the relevant marking venues on the schedule dates.
Manage the issuance of candidates’ results and the distribution of certification.
The processing of applications for Certified Statement of Results for Teachers’ College and Primary School Leaving Certificate Examination (PSLCE) and request for the verification of results received from educational and professional institutions.
The recruiting of short – term staff (Clerical Staff, Oral Examiners, Laboratory Technicians/Assistants, Moderators, Braille Transcribes, Assistant Supervisors, Supervisors and Coordinators) to work in the Examination Unit and for the administration and supervision of all examinations.
Education District Offices
- Caroni Education District – Old Couva West Secondary School, Balisier Street, Couva
Phone: 1-868-636-4800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Eastern Education District – Savi Street, Boodooville, Sangre Grande
Phone: 1-868-668-6256 Email: email@example.com
- Port of Spain and Environs Education District –Jerningham Avenue, Port of Spain
Phone: 1-868-623-2315 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Eastern Education District – No. 87 High Street, Rio Claro
Phone: 1-868-644-2995 Email: email@example.com
- St. George East Education District – 2A Eastern Main Road Tunapuna Opposite Exodus Pan Yard Green Building
Phone: 1-868-645-7516 / 7520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Patrick Education District – No. 101 Farah Street, San Fernando
Phone: 1-868-653-8957 / 3445 Email: email@example.com
- Victoria Education District – Nos. 16 -22 Sutton Street, San Fernando
Phone: 1-868-653 0035 / 657 8829 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Division of Education, Innovation and Energy – Dutch Fort Plaza, Dutch Fort, Tobago
Phone: 1-868-299-0781 Email: email@example.com